Thursday, January 17, 2013

Putting a Foot Down

 So today I start blogging. Something I should have done long ago but always had an excuse. "I don't understand it. It's all too confusing. I don't know what to blog about. I'll start one later." Blah blah blah, I'm too lazy is more like it. Well maybe the third one is a little bit true. What exactly would I blog about? I like to think of myself as a fiction writer. I gave non-fiction a try when I attempted to get published on The Voice (Tri-C's School news paper) and failed epically. So I chucked that out the window, along with any other hopes of trying to write for some kind of news paper or magazine. I just simply can't do it. More importantly, I simply don't ENJOY writing non-fiction. So why even bother?

 Well then, why would I try blogging? It's non-fiction (essentially). But this is different. It's about me of course, or things I find interesting and hope others will find interesting as well.

 But I still have a problem. What exactly am I going to blog about? Well instead of using that as an excuse not to blog, I'm just going to let it be a motivation to get up off my ass and think of something to blog about, get my creative juices moving again. Something new and exciting to share to the world, book reviews, movie reviews, maybe even video game reviews. Or maybe even open up and share some of my short stories via blog since I don't have the guts to try and get them actually published just yet. So tonight I'm erecting my victory flag over laziness on the battle field toward glory. Tonight I make a stand, and I put my foot down, and I will stand tall.

 I'm going to dedicate this blog spot to my soon to be Wife, Stephanie King. Who was the one to push me out there to try and get this thing I call a future writing career started. To open up to the world and TRY harder. To take my hand off the mouse from playing online video games (all the time) and plaster my right hand on the keyboard along side the left a little more often than I have been.

 So after I post this, I'm going to homepage a writers forum website. I would like to register for two or three of them. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

 Also, I think at the end of all my posts I'm going to ask a question. So my very first question is:

What movie or book cross over do you think would at first sound kind of silly, but actually could possibly work? :)

2 comments:

  1. I would need to think about the book, but movie wise, I always thought that Inception and The Matrix would make an epic action story because they both play on the mind, in different ways of course, but the combination of diving into dreams that our mind creates for us to keep us at bay questions our human nature if one even exists in the 'real world.' Also, I always thought it would be interesting to combine like the bible with the satanic bible and see what kind of mess we could create with that.

    Good start to a blog, Aj. When you start getting into blogging, from what it sounds like to me, you would want to try to avoid 'journal' like posts. That's the downfall with most blogs in my opinion. But this is a good start, I look forward to more reading and questions. :D

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Dawn! and yeah those two would make for a great cross movie.

      And your right, I am going to avoid journal like posts and have more informative essay like posts in the future.

      Thanks again, and I look forward to you reading my future posts. :)

      -Aj

      Delete